PART 1 WORDPRESS structure and setup training R450
Date(s) - 23/05/2020
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
LOCATION OF THIS EVENT
Location: WEBINAR through ZOOM
Address: 220, 7th Ave
No need to write this down. We will email you this information once you confirmed your booking
Learn how to create your own WordPress website.
Our aim is to deliver basic WordPress Training to enabling the setup of a basic website.
Our WordPress Course has been designed from a beginner’s perspective to provide a step by step guide from ground up to going live with your WordPress website. It not only covers the basic framework of a wordpress based system but also covers the practical aspects of building a modern website or a blog. This is a “How To Guide on WordPress” and after this course you will be able to build your own professional websites for your business or for yourself.
You will start with installing WordPress thought the CPANEL and then building blocks and Installation and follow it with the theory of Content Management. The next unit will teach you about Posts and pages. Plugin Management is the next unit which will teach you to add cool galleries and videos to your Website or Blog. You will also get to know about SEO and Meta tags. The last unit will be about themes which makes your site looks professional and give it the design you like.
ENROLLMENT CRITERIA FOR THIS COURSE
- Enrollment is through www.coursesdirect.co.za. Only 10 learners per class can be accommodated. We will schedule more classes as the need arises.
- Good English language skills.
- Basic computer and internet skills – equal to an NQF 4 level. (We provide training on setting up your own WordPress website, not computer training.)
- All classes will be offered in English.
WHAT YOU WILL GET?
- Your own Worpdress test website to practice on. (Login details will be emailed to you before commencement of the course).
- The test site will be valid for 1 months, after which a R100 per month fee will be charged if you want to extend this period.
- A Total of 100 Mb storage space will be allowed per user.
- Support will be provided during the 1 month period for any queries that falls within the learning content.
- A stable internet connection and about 1 Gig of data bundles.
- A working Desktop or Laptop with average performance speed. (Not a mobile device!)
- Preferably Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer must be installed.
- At least 500 Mb of storage space available on your computer.
- Mobile APP or Desktop application for ZOOM installed for online webinars. No camera required.
- The following software installed that is operational:
THE PROCESS FROM HERE
- Enroll through www.coursesdirect.co.za for the course.
- Your invoice and confirmation detail will be emailed to you from our booking website.
- You will receive an email from us 1 hour before the webinar with help to connect to the streaming session.
- You will also receive a second email from the domain trainit.co.za with your test learner WordPress installation detail. Please ensure that you able to login to your site with the detail provided.
- You will also be registered on our elearning website www.elearningskills.co.za where you will be graded after each webinar session. Your certificate will be created and released from the elearning site automatically on completion.
WHAT WE WILL COVER
- FIRST WEBINAR 2 1/2 HOURS – WORDPRESS structure and setup. (Compulsary for everyone.)
- Installing wordpress from the CPANEL.
- Getting to know the WordPress Dashboard.
- Setting your site as a BLOG or a static WEBSITE.
- Understanding the purpose of POST and PAGES.
- How to install a THEME.
- How to install a PLUGIN.
- How to use WordPress widgets.
- How to add photos to your posts.
Learners will be ask to perform certain tasks within the first 2 weeks period and submit these on our elearning platform where one of our assessors will evaluate their submissions before any certificate will be issued.
SUPPORT DURING AND AFTER WEBINARS
We will grant you free limited access to our support team and developer during the first 2-month period of signing up on the following conditions:
The queries are related to course content.
It does not include customization of websites.
Support will include email and WhatsApp support.
We will also share a copy of the online webinar through dropbox with the users.
BOOKING through www.coursesdirect.co.za
Bookings are closed for this event.