Learn how to create your own Moodle eLearning website. R1000
Date(s) - 15/04/2020
10:00 am - 11:30 am
LOCATION OF THIS EVENT
Location: WEBINAR through ZOOM
Address: 220, 7th Ave
No need to write this down. We will email you this information once you confirmed your booking
Learn how to create your own Moodle eLearning website.
During the South Africa COVID-19 lock-down, the need for online learning platforms increased with very little resources available.
We have managed to create a learning package, available during the lock-down, to teach those interested in the skills of setting up online learning courses. Our aim is to deliver basic Moodle eLearning skills enabling the setup of a basic course.
Our developer and our team have been working with the famous MOODLE eLearning package since 2009 and have extensive experience on the technical side of the hosting and managing of a Moodle site; inclusive of several other LMS packages such as hosting and WordPress eLearning packages.
Owning your own eLearning website is one of the best investments a company can make; with unlimited future returns, but unfortunately it also requires technical skills. Setting up a course is not that easy and can be very time consuming.
Not only do we offer the online learning package at a very reduced price, we also provide each learner with an online test site for 2 months. Can anyone beat that?!!!
ENROLLMENT CRITERIA FOR THIS COURSE
- Enrollment is through www.coursesdirect.co.za. Only 10 learners per class can be accommodated. We will schedule more classes as the need arises.
- A R500 upfront payment before the first webinar and a remaining R500 payment before the second webinar is required. (The webinars are normally scheduled 2 weeks apart, but learners will also be able to do this quicker if needed and where possible.)
- Good English language skills.
- Basic computer and internet skills – equal to an NQF 4 level. (We provide training on setting up your own eLearning website, not computer training.)
- All classes will be offered in English.
WHAT YOU WILL GET?
- Your own Moodle eLearning test website to practice on. (Login details will be emailed to you before commencement of the course).
- The test site will be valid for 2 months, after which a R100 per month fee will be charged if you want to extend this period. However, you will be able to export any courses you created during the learning stage and import these with your own Moodle site.)
- A Total of 200 Mb storage space will be allowed per user.
- Support will be provided during the 2 months period for any queries that falls within the learning content. (Responses are limited on the number of queries received, but our aim during the lock-down is to provide support within 2 hours for normal queries and 24 hours for advanced queries.)
- Two webinar sessions of 1 hour each to explain the Moodle eLearning setup.
- You will be able to export any content created during this learning period and able to import to your own Moodle site if required.
- A stable internet connection and about 4 Gig of data bundles (Two for each month.)
- A working Desktop or Laptop with average performance speed. (Not a mobile device!)
- Preferably Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer must be installed.
- At least 500 Mb of storage space available on your computer.
- Mobile APP or Desktop application for ZOOM installed for online webinars. No camera required.
- The following software installed that is operational:
WHAT WE WILL COVER
FIRST WEBINAR 1 HOUR
- MOODLE layout. (Not the advance ADMINISTRATOR rights used by developers, but normal users for loading courses and navigating around the online software.)
- The Moodle Interface.
- Setting up a theme, appearance and layout.
- Course Categories and how to create a course.
- Folder Resources and file resources.
- Module 5: New Courses
- Loading content.
- Pages of content.
- Linking to external pages.
- Downloading a file.
- Create a folder with files in.
- Create a label.
- Making your site user friendly.
SECOND WEBINAR 1 HOUR
- Addressing concerns of users during the first webinar. (Estimated 15min)
- Editing the HTML code or:
- Restriction of modules to users.
- Assignment Activity.
- Lesson Activity.
- Quiz Activity.
- Choice Activity.
- Feedback Activity.
- Activity Completion.
- Issue of Certificates.
- Creating users.
- Linking mobile APP.
- Accepting PayFast payments.
- Backup, export and imports.
- Final Certificate to indicate what you have covered during this learning course.
SUPPORT DURING AND AFTER WEBINARS
We will grant you free limited access to our support team and developer during the first 2-month period of signing up on the following conditions:
The queries are related to course content.
It does not include customization of websites.
Support will include email and WhatsApp support.
BOOKING through www.coursesdirect.co.za
Bookings are closed for this event.