Lay Counselling short course PMB
Date(s) - 14/11/2019 - 15/11/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
LOCATION OF THIS EVENT
Location: PMB LGBT Centre
Address: 222 Peter Kershoff
No need to write this down. We will email you this information once you confirmed your booking
1. This course will enable you to?
2. Your preparation as a learner for the contact session.
3. Course detail
4. Course times.
5. Enrollment requirements.
1. THIS WILL ENABLE YOU TO?
This is a generic skills programme for learners in a variety of counselling contexts where clients are enabled to go through the process of finding solutions to their concerns or difficulties. It is intended for learners who counsel people in a variety of situations, but who are not registered professionals such as qualified psychologist and social workers. It will be useful for counsellors in a variety of counselling contexts including, but not limited to, schools, Non-Governmental Organisations, Faith Based Organisations, the South African Police Service, Counselling Call Centres, Hospitals, Clinics and Support Agencies, Sports Centres, Education and Training facilities, Government and Health and Social Services facilities. It should develop learners who know their scope of practice, behave ethically in a counselling context, conform to minimum standards and know when to refer a client.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Explaining the functions and scope of practice of a counsellor.
- Setting up an enabling counselling environment.
- Explaining the principles and processes of counselling.
- Explaining the role of values in human behaviour and counselling.
- Applying a counselling process in a specific context.
- Reflecting on the counselling process.
2. YOUR PREPARATION
We urge all learners to read through the course synopsis and pay special attention to the preparation details. This may include:
-Electronic devices such as Laptops, Tablets or any other device for internet research, if available. (WIFI will be provided during the course)
-Please read through your course synopsis to check for preparation, if any required.
-Certified copy of your ID book.
-Detailed Portfolio. (CV) (Your achievements and employment history)
3. COURSE DETAIL
- Short name: LAY COUNSELLING
- Full description: Counsel an individual in a structured environment
- Accredited: NO
- NQF: 4
- Credits: NONE
- Duration: 3 days
4. COURSE TIMES
- Friday 4th October 9am to 3pm
- Saturday 5th October 9am to 3pm
- Sunday 6th October 9am to 1pm
5. ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS
-Basic communication skills (English = reading and writing skills on a NQF level 4 (Metric Level))
-Able to attend the contact session and any of our workshops offered.
-Access to email and where possible to the internet for research.
-Learner preparation for the contact session (Classroom Training)
- Attending the full contact session. (Classroom Session)
- Certified copy of ID and a detailed CV for registration purposes. (Indicating previous workplace experience)
b) OPTIONAL: (Would speed of your assignments
-Laptop, I-pad, electronic device: Please bring! We will provide FREE WIFI Spot.
Bookings are closed for this event.